The Food Services Training Program
Submissions are now OPEN for Chef Ric's 4-month Food Service Training Program
Our unique COST-FREE program offers:
• Practical classes (Mon, Tue, Thurs, Fri) (6am-10am, 10am-2pm, 2pm-5pm)
• Theoretical classes (every Wednesday) (1pm-4pm)
• 40 hr placement in the resaurant and hospitality industry (non-paid).
Students will receive the following certifications to kick-start their culinary careers:
• Food Handler (Basic.FST)
• First Aid
Experiences students will gain include:
• Caterings (weddings, events, BBQ)
• Food truck
• Chef Ric’s retail storefront
Please note: to participate in the program, we require proof of COVID 19 vaccination (2 doses).
DEADLINE MAY 1, 2023
Since 2004, over 90% of our graduates have found employment in the food services industry.
The Ottawa Mission's Food Services Training Program (FSTP) provides students with the culinary skills and certifications required to operate in a commercial kitchen, at no-cost. It incorporates practical skills, theoretical skills and comprehensive training on commercial kitchen equipment.
Guest chefs attend and perform demonstrations, teach lectures and share essential understanding of the Hospitality Industry.
Students will also receive 200+ hours of commercial kitchen training (which often leads to employment) and 10-weeks of Food Theory from the same textbooks as local colleges.
Our partnership with St. Lawrence College focuses on interview training, resume building, communication skills and more. There is absolutely zero cost to our program for students and the only requirement to apply is a desire to change your life for the better.
* At this time students must be fully vaccinated, regularly wear PPE and log their temperatures.